Alpha is a series of interactive sessions where people have the opportunity to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open and informal environment. Each session includes food, a short talk, and discussion.
Alpha welcomes everyone 18+: people who are not religious but are seeking more from life; people who are curious about Christianity; and Christians who are interested in re-examining — and re-energizing— their faith! Topics included in Alpha are listed in the schedule below.
Intrigued?… Give Alpha a “test run” by attending the Come & See Dinner at 6:30 PM on Tuesday, September 5th in Saint Joseph Hall of the Parish Life and Education Center, 420 E. Simpson St. Mechanicsburg. If you like it, come back the next week!
Register for the September 5th Come & See Dinner by emailing Mary Vukelich at email@example.com. There is no charge to attend, but please register by Monday, August 28 so we can plan for seating and food.
- Tuesday, Sept 5 @ 6:30 PM: Come & See Dinner, “Is there more to life than this?”
- Tuesday, Sept 12@ 6:30 PM: “Who is Jesus?”
- Tuesday, Sept 19 @ 6:30 PM: “Why did Jesus die?”
Enjoying Alpha after the first 3 sessions? Then continue…
- Tuesday, Sept 26 @ 6:30-8:30 PM: “How can I be sure of my faith?”
- Tuesday, Oct 3 @ 6:30-8:30 PM: “Why and how should I pray?”
- Tuesday, Oct 10 @ 6:30-8:30 PM: “Why and how should I read the bible?”
- Friday, Oct 13 @ 6:30-8:30 PM: “Who is the Holy Spirit? What does the Holy Spirit do?”
- Saturday, Oct 14 @ 9 AM-noon: “How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit? How can I make the most of the rest of my life?”
- Tuesday, Oct 17 @ 6:30-8:30 PM: “How does God guide us?”
- Tuesday, Oct 24 @ 6:30-8:30 PM: “How can I resist evil?”
- Tuesday, Nov 7 @ 6:30-8:30 PM: “Does God heal today?”
- Tuesday, Nov 14 @ 6:30 PM: “What about the Church?”
- Tuesday, Nov 21 @ 6:30-8:30 PM: “Why and how should I tell others?”